Senior Procurement Manager
Banda salarial Negotiable
Ubicación Mexico CityFULL_TIME
Consultor/a Victor Fuentes
Fecha de publicación 3 de abril de 2023mexico-city engineering/procurement 2023-04-03 2023-06-02 building-and-construction Mexico City Mexico City MX TELECOMMUTE Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.mx https://www.robertwalters.mx/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
Reporting to the GM of Procurement, the Senior Procurement Manager position is responsible for the strategy, approval of domestic and international Suppliers, and the timely purchase of quality materials per the engineering specification within the specified parameters. This position is responsible for ensuring new product introductions in accordance with the master project plan through early involvement of the stakeholders.
The Senior Procurement Manager shall continuously research, identify and deliver initiatives to: drive down the material costs; increase quality; secure capacity, and; strengthen the business relationship between the organization and the Supplier. The last focusing on the strategy creation, partnership development and business growth in the building and construction/heavy industry.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities for the Mexico City role:
- Spearhead Make-or-Buy analysis for new and current production materials, tooling, products, and services
- Research, validate and approve suppliers for supply of materials
- Research requirements (technical, commercial and volume), compile supplier bid lists, compile bid packages, solicit offers, negotiate contract terms, nominate vendors and issue Blanket Purchase Orders or Master Supply Agreements
- Monitor supplier adherence to timing and cost objectives for tooling and materials, and mitigate identified risks. Validate production approval (ISIR / PPAP) and hand over contract maintenance to tactical buyer
- Responsible for constant cost reductions and fulfilment of supplier capacity requirements through: commercial negotiations; process, product and material improvements; technology improvements; supplier investments; in-sourcing, re-sourcing and out-sourcing
- Coordinate supplier communication in a timely fashion with internal customers in Engineering, Production Control, Marketing, Manufacturing, Finance, Management and external customers such as suppliers and service providers for all supplier matters
- Lead Supplier Escalation Campaigns where poor supplier performance threatens project objectives, production goals, quality objectives and or cost objectives
Nature & Scope
The Senior Procurement Manager position is stationed Mexico but requires up to 25% travel to domestic and international supplier locations. The incumbent is required to maintain a valid passport at all times. This position demands a moderate level of fitness and agility without limitations of movement through manufacturing processes where moderate to heavy equipment is deployed.
- Must pass any drug screens, background checks and applicable pre-employments tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business and with 5 years strategic purchasing experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ERP Purchasing system (preferably SAP)
- Language: English and Spanish (Reporting to GM in the US)
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and manage tasks issued to independent reports such as suppliers and cross functional team members
- Project Coordination
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels of management
- Skilled in time management, reporting and presenting information, and statistical analysis
- Practiced in negotiations and conflict resolution
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
- Experience with the product development process from ‘Concept’ to ‘Production Release’ (ISIR/PPAP)
- Knowledge of industrial and quality principles, including: process layout, standard operating procedures, SPC (Cpk, Cmk, Ppk), PFMEA, Lean Six Sigma, APQP, 5S, ISO TS16949, ISO 14000, DG&T, etc. (is preferable)
- Knowledge of product costing, accounting in a manufacturing environment, commodity pricing and foreign currency rates
- Knowledge of international trade requirements for importing and exporting products
- Understanding of implications and challenges related to domestic and international sourcing
- Experience with standard practices, legal requirements and international purchasing terms and conditions
- Visits to the US, specifically exploring visit.
Ofertas de empleo recomendadas
Salario: NegotiableUbicación: Mexico CityFecha de publicación: 10 de mayo de 2023Important player in the renewable energy sector is looking for a Mexico City based collaborator to lead the purchasing and procurement activities for the organisation as the procurement manager Mexico.
Salario: MXN70,000 - MXN100,000 per monthUbicación: Mexico CityFecha de publicación: 12 de abril de 2023Si tienes experiencia como Gerente de Mantenimiento, bilingue en el sector de manufactura y producción y disponibilidad para Atizapán de Zaragoza, Estado de México, esta vacante es para ti. Seras responsable de garantizar la continuidad operativa de la planta mediante la implementación de políticas y estrategias de mantenimiento preventivo y correctivo en la maquinaria, instalaciones y equipos de la planta.